A leading international art gallery specialising in modern and contemporary art is looking for an experienced Warehouse Operative to work within their logistics centre.
- Handling, moving, packing and unpacking all artwork and installations carefully and with due consideration
- Packing and unpacking artwork for onward shipping, including crates
- Stock management
- Administration of artwork using our database (training provided)
- Logging and reporting any damaged pieces whether damaged in the gallery or before arrival
- Assisting with any other warehouse duties as required
Qualifications and experience:
- Previous art handling experience and strong physique.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Basic IT skills with MS Office. Training of internal systems will be provided.
- Candidates must be qualified to work within the UK. A Driving license is beneficial but not essential.
- Knowledge of, and qualifications in, using forklift trucks, WAV machines and other warehouse machinery is highly desirable but not essential.
Department: Operations – Warehouse
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
***It may be necessary to work after hours, on occasion.