Our client is a new gallery brand showcasing both primary market artists, of which there will be twelve solo exhibitions per year along with an array of blue-chip secondary market offerings through the private sales department. The gallery will also be partaking in numerous overseas art fairs per year.
The gallery provides discerning art lovers with the opportunity to build their collection with expert guidance to navigate the complex contemporary art world. It is a space for creative collaboration amongst emerging and mid-career artists. Representing emerging and established international talent, we help connect artists with art collectors, buyers, and investors at the gallery space. The gallery has been subject to a £1million regeneration and has subsequently won an architectural design award. Spread over 4,000sq ft, the space provides visitors with immersive bespoke exhibitions.
The role is a dynamic multifaceted sales role; therefore, the preferred candidate would have previous sales and gallery experience and be used to interacting with clients (of all levels), prospects and nurturing lead generation.
- Manage and nurture the sales pipeline, aiding client acquisition and retention.
- Proactive lead generation – identifying prospective clients through networking, sales tools, marcoms, own contacts etc.
- Client interaction – calls and meetings in gallery to promote the brand and secure sales.
- Developing innovative sales strategies to achieve targets.
- Preparing and delivering sales presentations and updates to wider team monthly
- Ensure smooth running of the gallery from a sales and aesthetic perspective
- Manage and install a slick professional Client Sales Journey from initial point of enquiry through to final delivery – shipping and/or storage of works, payment/invoicing, client comms etc.
- Showcase art specialising in knowledge across artists and wider industry and investment trends (to clients and internal team) with specific focus on all exhibitions, represented artists – emerging and high profile.
- Keep up to date with industry developments, market trends, professional publications, to constantly expand industry knowledge, sharing with the wider team.
- Proven sales experience
- Proven track record of achieve sales quotas
- Strong negotiation and consultative sales skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Used to working independently but can also work well with a team
- Contact base in the art industry
- Results and sales driven
- Good at developing client relationships
- Professional, polished, organised individual with a high attention to detail
- Adaptable to working in a start-up mindset, at a relatively fast pace
- Can-do positive attitude, a go-getter, sleeves rolled up approach!
- Entrepreneurial and creative flair
- Level-headed problem solver
- Initiative to overcome any difficult challenges
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders and seniority levels whilst also being competent in working alone too
- Balance of creativity and commerciality – able to work well with creatives, as well as driving sales strategy, planning and revenue reports etc
Start date: ideally early May
Position: Full-time/Part Time – TBC
Working week: Tuesday – Saturday
Salary: base salary dependent on experience plus Commission