Our client – an international, commercial art gallery, specialising in Old Masters and 20th century art – is seeking for an experienced registrar to join their dynamic team in London.
Five years of solid art logistics/registration experience is required. Working knowledge of the Brexit implications on shipping in the EU, and the EU export license is essential. Excellent command in spoken and written English is required, Italian is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, educated to a degree level, that has good knowledge of Microsoft Office. They will be required to have the ability to work well in a team, multitask between various projects simultaneously and under pressure to tight deadlines, pay attention to detail and be an expert in problem solving.
- Co-ordinate shipments to and from London, Paris & NYC and globally (Milan do their own)
- Prepare customs and TA documents
- Apply for export licenses
- Prepare and maintain consignment and loan agreements, track expiration of agreements and alert owners of upcoming expirations
- Assist with all incoming and outgoing condition reporting and assist with managing and overseeing conservation as needed.
- Ensure TA accounts are up to date and correct
- Correct problems with where works are domiciled
- Responsible for the overall accuracy and completeness of the database
- Create new records for incoming artworks, notify appropriate colleagues as needed
- Enter logistical information into Artlogic, ensuring all relevant shipping / TA documentation is attached to entries
- Upload consignment agreements to the relevant records
- Upload experts and internal condition reports
- Ask colleagues to fill their role specific information when there is missing data on an entry (e.g. financials, description, consignor)
- Update artwork locations and ensure consistency of location formula/phrasing
- Create lists of works in Artlogic for shipments, fairs, and exhibitions
- Identify and fix glitches with Artlogic
- Create and maintain stock numbers
- Perform and create physical inventories of all R+V artworks on a yearly basis
- Responsible for the stock folders, ensuring each artwork has a folder for any images which are too large or not appropriate for Artlogic (TIFF file and not compressed HR above 15MB), and any other documentation
- Add documents to art fair or exhibition folders when relevant so all information is easily accessible
- Co-ordinate photography of artworks with the gallery assistant, ensuring al
- Ensure correct photos are on AL, and HR versions and any other images on Dropbox
- Book photographers for exhibition and art fair installation shots
- Take or mandate a short mobile phone video of every new artwork.
- Organise staff passes
- Help internally organise all art fair packing, shipping and delivery of artworks, all necessary internal documentation and oversee all artwork returns and deliveries of works sold
- Liaise with external institutions to obtain insurance values
- Work with insurance company to obtain valid certificates of insurance issued to institutions consigning or lending artworks
- Ensure condition reports are completed for insurance cover. Manage the Articheck account ensuring that all the condition reports are prepared and stored.
- Prepare average monthly and yearly stock value and location reports
- Prepare and update a shipping guide to facilitate the sales activity. Ensure to put the relevant import taxes, artwork status, average shipping time and costs, VAT.
Salary: £40k – £50k+ DOE