Our client is an established Arts Organisation based in London and they are seeking to fill the role of Programme Manager. The purpose of the Programme Manager is to curate, identify and develop the 360 artistic programme which builds collaboration and community within their membership and elevates their positioning in the Art Sector. Working in tandem with the Members’ exhibitions and bolstering their activity by activating elements of the community in tandem, to build on the organisation’s sense of community and offer more opportunity for Member-to-Member collaboration. The role will also curate and lead on special projects and the Member events programme, offering all tiers of Membership an opportunity to engage with the community on professional and social occasions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategise and oversee the delivery of curatorial focuses
- Nourish a well-rounded programme contributing to Membership growth and retention, consistent activation of the galleries throughout the year, higher VIP and visitor engagement, and meaningful content.
- Proactively evaluate Members’ exhibition plans and response to curatorial focuses to ensure building of a programme to bolster the artists and activity of our Members.
- Build an exciting and diverse programme of nuanced events and activations to harness existing audiences and build on new, diverse public audiences.
Skills and Attributes
- Degree in Art History, Fine Art or Curatorial Studies would be an advantage
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience in a high-demand client-facing role, ideally in an art fair or museum environment.
- Superior project management skills, with the ability to multitask, prioritise and plan effectively.
- A highly motivated, detail orientated and organised team player.
- Strategic and logistical thinker who can strategise laterally, with 360-degree vision of the organisations’ needs and best interests.
- Outstanding social skills and people management, excellent verbal and written communication, with an impeccable eye for detail.
- A proactive, self-motivated & organised approach to working, with experience in effectively multi-tasking. An ability to prioritise and plan. Adaptable and flexible approach to work to achieve agreed deadlines.
- Ability to effectively Manage a small team.
- Demonstrable and active interest in art, design and visual culture, with an understanding of Cromwell Place’s particular role within it.
- Knowledge of public and private art sector in the UK and an understanding of the global art industry’s schedule, including art fairs & biennales.
- An energetic, highly motivated and enthusiastic team player with a desire to further their career in the art world by contributing to Cromwell Place’s success.
In addition, the benefits you are eligible to receive are:
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working scheme
- You will be eligible for the Bonus Scheme
- Access to local partnerships and benefits
Hours: Full time
Start date: ASAP
Salary: around £33k-38k