Our client is an international recognised art gallery and educational institute with a roster of world class exhibitions, art fairs and events. It showcases underrepresented artists or movements in partnership with an assortment of brands, institutions, and cultural organisations in line with its charitable goals. It relies on a variety of revenue streams including sponsorship, patronage and donations from individuals and business partners. It currently does not exploit significant grant or government funding. The role will head up the existing Partnership and Junior Resource team, and execute the giving strategy for the organisation which includes donations, sponsorship, partnerships, and grant funding as well as a focus on successfully expanding commercial activities. The majority of the role will be spent on identifying and capturing partners whilst managing the existing team who will take responsibility, under the role’s supervision, for ensuring partners are satisfied and obligations completed. As part of the role there will be involvement in key decision making across departments including educational goals, programming, and marketing/comms.
• Expanding and leading partnerships and sponsorship strategy for the charity with an overall focus on fundraising.
• Identifying new partners, meeting with potential and existing partners, and driving revenue towards projects and existing gallery obligations.
• Driving engagement from the broader public and corporates, including corporate donations, to optimise monetisation of the gallery.
• Overseeing the sales team to ensure the partners are satisfied and obligations are met whilst growing core revenue lines.
• Acting as a brand ambassador and playing a fundamental role in the development and success of the gallery in the coming years.
• Experience in team management and leadership, including managing a team towards shared goals.
• At least 5 years’ experience in similar fundraising organisations, preferably within the arts but not an essential requirement
Established marketing & sponsorship experience as well as the demonstrable ability to create strategy and implement campaigns.
• An engaging individual with the clear ability to present, influence, and engage with senior stakeholders
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to ensure smooth operations within the team and externally
• An established network of contacts within the art and commercial worlds to underpin the gallery’s partners for the coming years
• Commercially astute with experience in managing budgets, financial reporting, and of costing partnerships and campaigns.
• Adaptable and proactive approach to working within a creative environment.
• A track record of delivering excellent customer experience.
Salary – £60,000 with a £10K OTE bonus that can be exceeded.
Location – 5 days a week in the London office
Start Date – ASAP