Our client, an established Auction House specialising in Jewellery, is seeking to hire a talented, motivated, and enthusiastic Head of Marketing to join the rapidly expanding team in their London HQ. This is a new role which will focus on leading a variety of areas of the business, including market research, social media, events, marketing, and design, and provides an exciting opportunity for the ideal candidate to gain excellent experience across a range of fields within the auction industry, in a company fast becoming a major global player in the luxury field. With International expansion to the US and Europe in progress, they are looking for an experienced leader to head up their team in this next phase of development.
- Awareness and Understanding of the Auction and Luxury Markets
- Analysis of activities of competitors and growing market trends to identify and plan new promotional and awareness activities.
Strategy & Planning
- Devise and plan a marketing strategy and annual awareness plan, within agreed budgets, in line with the company’s business growth objectives and marketing strategies.
- Work with management to plan realistic annual and monthly budgets in line with auction timetable, taking responsibility for the management of this budget.
- Work with Heads of Department and the Creative Team to deliver integrated marketing campaigns to achieve sales objectives; work with the Leadership Team on marketing campaigns to achieve business objectives.
- Work with the Leadership and Creative Teams forming, developing, and implementing the overall brand strategy for the company in line with the business plan – be a brand champion for the auction house.
- Collaborate with Business Development Team to form advantageous and synergistic brand partnerships aligning with the company mission and values.
- Define KPIs, objectives and targets – frequently analysing the results and working to suggest improvements and working to continually refine and enhance both individual campaigns and overall brand image, providing regular reports to the Management Team.
- Ensuring that analysis is conducted both during and after campaigns and lessons learned are integrated into future campaigns.
- Oversee the marketing content schedule including the planning of campaigns and delivery of assets across all media.
- Oversee the marketing team and help create copy, broad themes and content for digital, email, social media, and print channels. This includes collaborating with the Creative Team to design all marketing collateral including advertising, brochures, proposals, signage, and stationary.
- Take overall responsibility for the Digital Marketing Strategy, working closely with the company’s digital agency in audience development and ensure thee successful delivery of campaigns for both the business and individual departments.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with HoDs as well as the creative teams to ensure accurate and consistent department messaging.
- Act as a point of contact for advertisers as well as seeking out new advertising opportunities both domestically and internationally
- Help produce consignment proposals, with the relevant Head of Department and the Management Team.
- Line management of the Marketing Team
- Oversee the management and maintenance of the CRM system and email database, and ensure adherence to GDPR guidelines.
- Work with/oversee the work of the Content Manager on:
- The implementation of a content strategy/content calendar
- The planning, writing, and editing of marketing content and communications both online and offline, including the website, social channels, and press
- Developing influencer marketing
- Media outreach, press, and public relations
- Take overall responsibility for website copy management, copy, images, and analytics in line with marketing plans and departmental activities.
- In collaborating with the Management team,responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the auction house’s brand messaging.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and procedures and any relevant external bodies or processes.
- Carry out other duties as required by the Directors and Managing Directors
- A degree-level qualification relevant to marketing, business communication or other related discipline.
- Extensive experience in the field, either within an auction house, within the trade, or within a Luxury Brand.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and inter-personal skills, including first class written and spoken English, other languages also preferable.
- Confident, driven, and dynamic leader
- Excellent team working skills, and an ability to motivate a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A self-motivated team-player
- A creative and innovative thinker
- Ability to work tight auction deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of media buying process.
- Working knowledge of wide variety of communication types
- Experience working on projects of all sizes, long and short-term; demonstrated ability to prioritise a variety of concurrent projects across different media.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced team environment.
- An interest in the luxury industry
Start date: Flexible
Salary: up to £50k DOE