Reports to: Membership Director
Our client is an established Arts Organisation based in London and they are seeking to fill the role of Head of Marketing and Communications. You will report to the Managing Director, who takes overall responsibility for the management team with the additional support of the Board Members. Your role as Head of Marketing and Communications will be to manage the Marketing Coordinator to deliver the internal and external communications and manage the CP Brand. The Head of Marketing and Communications also sits on the Senior Leadership Team and contributes to weekly top-level strategy meetings.
As a senior communicator, you will lead on strategy development and oversee delivery of promotional activity for our client. They define and are custodians of the brand across all media, effectively engaging with a range of audiences and stakeholders. The post holder will be responsible for content across all channels, with the support of the Marketing Coordinator, developing a consistently professional, warm, and engaging unified voice. The Marketing team works closely alongside the Operations, Exhibition Services, Membership, Digital and Events teams to deliver a top-class Member experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as custodian of the CP brand to ensure consistent communication of the organisation’s mission and values across all channels; ensuring that the integrity of the brand is maintained and always amplified
- Develop and oversee the delivery of a corporate communications strategy to build the organisation’s brand and reputation, including writing and editing effective copy
- Identify and effectively utilise a range of channels to deliver successful results including above-the-line, direct and digital marketing
- Monitor, measure, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of all marketing / communications activity
- Ensure accuracy, consistency, and prominence of brand assets across CP and partner channels
- Oversee delivery of partnership terms, and evaluate return on investment from strategic relationships
- Manage Marketing budget, feeding into monthly Board reports and tracking efficacy and value of individual campaigns
- Management of external PR agency to ensure delivery of agreed KPIs and maximum return on investment
- Thinking creatively to identify thoughtful and strategic partnerships and brand collaborations
- Manage the strategy for promotion of our Members (print & digital), and implement with help from the Marketing Coordinator
- Negotiate and maximise on advertising, print and digital
- Identify cross-promotional opportunities, and negotiate to deliver maximum benefit to CP
- Evaluate and report Coordinator’s digital content creation: third-party suppliers, photographers, and videographers
- Lead generation via SEO, Google AdWords, Facebook retargeting, etc (to be implemented by Marketing Coordinator)
- Oversee concept and delivery of social media strategy, to be executed by Marketing Coordinator
- Management of Marketing services offered to Members Communications
Oversee concept and production of all marketing materials including but not limited to:
- Public & Membership Newsletters
- Membership Handbook and related collateral
- Members’ welcome pack & gifts
- Additional materials: Club Room collateral, Christmas cards, VIP packs, etc.
- Coordination of building, exhibition and event photography and videography
- Print and digital collateral for building (front desk, signage, exhibition maps etc)
- Internal collateral, including stationery, business cards etc
- Print and digital collateral (invitations etc.) for VIP events
Press & External
- Brief, tender and manage PR agency to ensure all messages are clearly communicated and creative angles explored
- Liaise directly with Members’ communications teams to develop content and angles with help from the Marketing Coordinator, compile press releases
- Negotiate, manage, and evaluate media partnerships and contras
- Field press enquiries including the provision of assets and information as required
- Oversee Marketing Coordinator to manage 3rd parties including, photographers, videographers, printers, and design contractors
Hours: Full time, 9.30am – 6pm, with one hour for lunch. Some evening and weekend work will be required, compensated by time off in lieu.
Salary: Around £45k DOE
In addition, the benefits you are eligible to receive are:
- 25 days annual holiday, plus Bank Holidays.
- Eligibility to participate in the business’s pension scheme.
- Training opportunities.
- Work from home potential.