Our client is seeking a Gallery Manager to ensure the smooth-running of a busy commercial gallery, as well as assisting both the Gallery Director and Collections Manager. The ideal candidate will preferably have experience in a comparable role and strong academic writing skills. They will be efficient, self-motivated, flexible in their role and work responsibilities, and able to work well as part of a small team.
Desirable attributes, skills and experience include
• Knowledge of art history
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Strong attention to detail
• Initiative and ability to work to multiple deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• A talent for and interest in social media marketing
• Strong art researching skills
• Exceptionally organised and proactive multitasker
• Experienced with Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge of Artlogic and Mac a plus.
Responsibilities will include:
• Day-to-day running of the gallery
• Assisting Director with art fair and exhibition planning – includes administration, shipping, research, press releases, mailouts etc.
• Assisting Director with art works and art market research projects
• Maintaining the gallery’s artwork and client database
• Managing all social media platforms
• Managing auction registrations
• Image editing as required
• Assisting the Collections Manager with outgoing and incoming domestic and international shipments – includes keeping track of the temporary admissions works and their locations.
• Assisting Collections Manager with consignment and loan agreements
Hours of work: Monday – Friday: 10am – 6pm (some additional overtime will also be required)
Contract type: Permanent position, full time (subject to a 3-month probationary period)
Salary: £27,000+ depending on experience