Our client is one of the world’s leading International contemporary art galleries. Working with internationally established and emerging artists on both public and private shows, the gallery hosts a yearly program across its two spaces, as well as participating in major art fairs around the world.
This role is a varied role that works across the business. We are recruiting for a Finance Manager who is looking to work in a creative environment. The Finance Manager will work closely with and report to the Directors and Director of Finance, making sure that the finance systems are robust and financial data is recorded and reported on correctly.
- Oversight of posting and admin of Sage 50 desktop.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts, inclusive of variance analysis alongside Director of Finance.
- Cash Flow and risk management.
- Define and execute project budgets and review actual spends.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Collate year end accounting pack and work closely with external accountant.
- Maintenance of a thorough system of accounting records.
- Maintain chart of accounts.
- Manage, maintain and process payroll.
- Manage staff pension.
- Oversee any international sales tax requirements and admin.
- Oversee cash and bank reconciliation for Sterling, Euro and US Dollar accounts.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Ensure purchase order procedure is adhered to throughout the business and maintained.
- Ensure recharge invoices are issued in accordance with expenditure incurred.
- Manage and oversee purchase ledger and supplier payment runs in line with cash flow.
- Manage and maintain sales ledger and credit control.
- Liaise with collectors, galleries and artists on financial matters.
- Prepare and issue sales invoices to collectors and galleries.
- Manage and maintain artist financial statements.
- Management of artist commission payments.
- Meticulous recording of production costs and calculations on the database and artist statements for review by Director of Finance.
- Ensure staff onboarding admin and training is followed.
- General oversight of the office.
- Processing holiday requests etc.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years working in a Financial Management role.
- Accountancy qualification or qualified by experience.
- Excellent practical IT skills and knowledge and must have worked on Macs.
- Working experience of Sage 50 desktop.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills and ability to deal with different sections and departments of the business.
- Hands on accountant who is willing to get involved in all processes and able to drive projects forward with minimum guidance.
- Desire to understand all aspects of the business.
- Previous experience of a creative environment would be beneficial.
Salary: up to around £45k DOE
Full – time