Our client is a renowned International Art Gallery in New York with a wide-ranging roster that runs from Francis Bacon to Andy Warhol.Job Purpose
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level assistance for the Owner of the gallery executives. This can be a demanding role – so a strong, well-organized, and confident candidate is crucial.
- Manage owner’s calendar, organize internal and external meetings, and restaurant reservations, and coordinate travel and related itineraries with hotels and car service.
- Screen all telephone calls to the owner’s office, manage all post and email communication and greet clients on behalf of the owner.
- Prepare a daily running list for the owner and ensure critical tasks are completed each day.
- Event planning as needed for the owner, including top client dinners, artist dinners, etc.
- Manage the owner’s client database: add new clients, ensuring existing client information is correct, maintain up-to-date interest, offers and mailing lists, etc.
- Assist the owner in preparing for meetings and viewings.
- Assist the owner with sales-related activities including creating sales packs, sending sales offers to clients, corresponding with clients on the owner’s behalf and relaying all communication, and ensuring efficient post-sale service for clients.
- Complete owner’s monthly expense reports and other administrative duties.
- Assist with personal administrative duties as required.
- Possible travel with the owner to art fairs as support on-site.
- Minimum 2 years experience with an art gallery, auction house, or museum
- The ideal candidate will have experience in an assistant role
- Excellent communication and client service skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive approach and ability to use initiative
- High level of attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Good working knowledge of Art Logic and/or ArtBase, Artnet, Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency in Mac operating systems including iMac, iPhone, and iPad
- Familiarity with an interest in the galley’s program
- Foreign languages are an advantage, although not required
Start Date : ASAP
Location : New York
Position : Full-time permanent
Working Hour : Tuesday – Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm (Additional hours as needed during auction weeks, private viewings, busy season, travel)
Salary : $70k-$80k, depending on experience