Our client is a collaborative international art venture with multiple galleries in international hotspots, but you will be based in their New York office. Reporting to the Senior Finance Director (SFD), the Accounting Manager will take on a key role in the day-to-day accounting and finance operations. Working closely with the SFD and the larger team, the Accounting Manager will utilize hands-on experience and in-depth understanding of full cycle accounting, GAAP, and FP&A to lead and assist on all things accounting & finance across the organization.
- Management of all accounting functions of the gallery
- Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable / Vendor & Records management
- Treasury functions including review of bank reconciliations and cash flow projections
- Cyclical Accounting Close & Financial statement preparation
- G/L Maintenance and analysis, budget and forecast variance tracking and reporting
- Payroll & related responsibilities
- Intercompany transaction management
- Audit administration & regulatory compliance
- Sales Tax and monitoring “Wayfair” compliance
- Manage and own cyclical accounting close and prepare quarterly forecasts. Responsibilities include account reconciliations, balance sheet schedules, accrual management, variance analysis, and all other steps in the financial statement preparation process.
- Manage and own the revenue recognition process, maintain schedules, research, communicate, and resolve inconsistencies
- Manage and own the Bill.com system and day to day AP operations including issuance of timely collections/payments, while proactively communicating, maintaining relationships both internally and externally.
- Ensure the G/L, subledger, and related records for accuracy and timeliness of all financial information & deliverables.
- Ensure all financial schedules are meticulously maintained and reconciled, including but not limited to bank accounts, credit cards, payroll, deferred revenue/expense, prepaid, accrued expense, fixed assets, inventory, and intercompany transactions
- Partner with external accounting firm, to ensure all financials and supporting documentation for all entities are presented accurately & timely for all regulatory filings including but not limited to annual federal, state, and local corporation taxes, quarterly filings, sales & use tax, 1099, and other cyclical regulatory filings
- Manage SAP Concur expense system, company credit cards, related requisition systems, administer and issue reimbursements across multiple entities
- Partner with the SFD and larger team to ensure budget & forecast adherence, and proactively propose cost-effective solutions to ensure efficiency of spend
- Treasury functions including review of bank reconciliations and cash flow projections.
- Ownership of records management and archiving of all finance & accounting related files including but not limited to vendor invoices, sales
- invoices, insurance, tax, and all other legal documents & contracts for all entities
- Partner with HR to ensure payroll is timely and accurate. Own all related administration as needed.
- Assists the SFD with monitoring the Company’s financial performance by performing an appropriate level of financial analysis that helps to identify and explain context, trends, relationships, variances.
- Partner with SFD to track sales and maintain revenue recognition standards.
- Partner with SFD to establish / automate finance and accounting workflow and processes
- Assist with various tasks and special projects requested by the SFD as they arise
- Ability to quickly digest abstract concepts and problems and tactfully propose clear and workable solutions based on accounting fundamentals, logic & reasoning, and professional experience / touch.
- Possess high e IQ, managerial attributes, and ability to effectively communicate in a clear and professional manner.
- Impeccable proactive follow-up on time sensitive issues, with the ability to drive others.
- High systems, software, and technology IQ.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and can work in an extremely fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to straddle more than one functional area: finance, accounting, modelling, systems, policy, accounts payables, etc.
- Consistently reinforce of core values, team, and departmental objectives while modelling a professional way of working and communicating.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- 5 or more years of professional accounting experience
- Previous supervisory experience is required
- Strong technical accounting skills including US GAAP, proficiency with transfer pricing, ASC 842, ASC 606, and researching & applying
- accounting standards
- Art industry or luxury goods industry experience is a plus. Experience working in a multi-national company in the art industry is ideal.
- Must have Sage Intacct experience
- Exceptional Excel and financial modelling skills
- Experience with ArtLogic or similar object database systems is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Location: New York
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation & Benefits: $80k-$120k depending on experience (DOE), Annual Bonus, Subsidized Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401k Eligibility, Commuter benefits, PTO, Controller track