Our client is the world’s leading online search service for fine art, antiques and collectibles. They gather top tier auction houses, antique dealers and galleries together with regional and specialist players across the world.
The company was founded in 2011 and has since established the business globally with offices in the US, UK, Europe and Hong Kong. They also offer an extensive free database of auction results and a top of the line valuation service. Our client is now looking to grow the business even further and are seeking outstanding talent to join the team!
About this position:
Our client is looking for a tenacious, strategic, and bright sales person to join a small sales team in the UK office.
The account manager reports to the Head of Sales and will be responsible for creating new business and managing current clients from auction houses and galleries across the UK via phone, email and face to face meetings. The role requires someone to qualify leads, present to clients, up-sell and drive/close sales with a hunger to “win.” The position will require working in a small team but also independently with a positive, dynamic and hard-working attitude.
Skills and requirements:
• Strong communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable with cold calling, listening over the phone and asking probing questions
• Former experience in sales; preferably 12+ months, or B2B sales practice
• General knowledge and understanding of the capacity of a consultative sales role e.g. prospecting, qualifying, overcoming challenges and closing deals
• Valid UK drivers license
Other desired traits:
• Experience in a start up/early stage company is a plus but not a necessity
• Ability to be flexible, adaptable and perform in a fast-paced and competitive marketplace
• Interest in arts and antiques
Salary: £30,000 base (flexible) + commission
Location: The office is located in West London. However the candidate will be expected to travel frequently, meeting clients and generating new leads all around the country. Living in London is not a necessity, buy nearby is required.
To start as soon as possible