Our client, a major International Blue Chip Gallery, are seeking a temporary finance manager to provide maternity cover.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Gallery Director and the gallery’s Managing Accountant. Our client is open to candidates with a range of experience, and have an existing accounts team with whom the successful candidate will work.
- Invoice generation (Sales and Miscellaneous) in accordance with AML regulation
- Assist Sales Team with
- UK/EC Tax queries
- CA/NY sales tax queries
- Art fair tax queries
- ARR queries and calculations
- Weekly Payment runs [Accounts Payables]
- Booking accounts receivable payments
- Update cash journal for daily ins-an-outs
- Petty cash Reconciliation
- Monitor cash on a daily basis, work with management team to ensure cash flow keeps on track, and alert senior management well in advance if there are issues.
- Create and review budgets for exhibitions
Expenses and HR
- Monitor, reconcile and pay credit cards
- Manage Cash advances and foreign currency
- Arrange expenses refunds
- Monthly Payment of Wages and related Tax
- Sales commission review and process via payroll
- Payments of pension scheme
- Management of company’s health plan
- UK VAT and EC Sales submissions
- Liaise with HMRC for VAT queries/audits
- CA monthly tax submission
- NY monthly tax submission
- Intrastat submission
- ARR submission
- Assist Founder and Director with year-end reporting for audit
- Ad Hoc reporting
- Corporate Tax payments
- Assist in import tax queries when required
- Prepayments and Accruals
- Stock/Inventory track
- Assist with Management Accounting reporting when required
Experience with Sage 50 Accounts and basic TA knowledge preferable.
This role is a fixed term temporary contract from April – November 2020.
Salary up to £48k for a more experienced candidate; client will consider more junior candidates as well.