We are looking for a Stock Controller to work with a large London Gallery specialising in Modern and Contemporary art.
Location: Warehouse(s) and Galleries, London, or any other location, as required to successfully carry out your job
Role responsibilities are as follows:
• Manage and maintain the company’s stock inventory and minimise overstock.
• Manage and maintain the gallery stock rooms, ensuring that artworks are organised and controlled according to company procedures and the company’s insurance policy.
• Ensure incoming artwork shipments/deliveries from UK and abroad are received and managed appropriately at the warehouse/galleries – QAing all artworks, making sure condition reports are produced.
• Manage and register incoming artwork onto the company system correctly.
• Pre-sale activity – photography and uploading images on the system for all the incoming artworks.
• Deal with delivery of art to galleries, artists, and/or third parties – checking the artworks before they leave the company.
• Report and handle damaged stock.
• Deal with restoration of artworks and making sure new condition reports are produced.
• Stock system management and improvement.
• Manage and control inventory stock counts and inventory accuracy checks.
• Annual stock Audit.
• At least 4 years experience in a similar role including proven managerial skills – references and evidence will be required.
• Good health is essential as the role does require physical work.
• The role requires some work outside “normal” hours – occasional weekends and evenings/nights
• Competent computer skills are essential – Microsoft Office products.
• Candidates must be able to demonstrate highly effective communication skills and prove and demonstrate their willingness to learn rapidly.
Must hold a current full UK driving licence
Candidates must be qualified to work within the EU.
Salary: around £40K depending on experience
Start date: ASAP