Our client, a leading commercial art gallery, is seeking a Senior Shipping Co-ordinator. Reporting to the Shipping & Bond Manager, the Senior Shipping Co-ordinator will oversee the scheduling and execution of multiple complex projects both domestically and internationally.
Planning and liaising with internal clients and external suppliers, the Senior Shipping Co-ordinator is pivotal in ensuring all aspects of a shipment are delivered safely, professionally, on time and in-line with the gallery’s exceptional client experience.
- Obtain shipping quotes from approved Shippers for inbound and outbound shipment of artworks. Negotiate bespoke shipping costs for complex shipments and installations
- Manage each individual shipment to fit bespoke client needs including but not exclusively; packing specifications (Fine Art and Courier); paperwork preparation (including correct Customs documentation); liaison with appropriate regulatory bodies (domestic and international); freight quote sourcing and booking
- Monitor the progress of international & domestic outbound shipments, troubleshooting to rectify problems in a timely manner and ensure all stakeholders are informed accordingly
- Ensure all shipments are carried out in full compliance with local/international regulations, such as Export and CITES licenses
- Handle inbound and outbound MIBs for staff members when required
- Work closely with the Pre-Sale, Post-Sale and Art Technician teams alongside the wider Logistics team to ensure projects are delivered accurately, cost effectively and to deadline
- Ensure the Head of Department is aware of any escalated issues raised by internal or external clients
- 4-5 years’ experience in a Fine Art Logistics team in a gallery or similar working environment
- Strong organisational, analytical, managerial and troubleshooting skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to reflect company standards in all situations
- Ability to work professionally and responsibly
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and written presentation skills
- French and German skills desirable
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook essential)
Looking to hire ASAP. Salary commensurate with experience. This position is based in Mayfair.