Our client, an international gallery of Contemporary Art, is searching for a full-time, experienced individual to fill a Senior Sales Associate position in their Manhattan Gallery.
The candidate must possess at least 4 years of experience in the New York contemporary art gallery market with a proven ability in growing and sustaining ultra-high net-worth relationships with a collector client base.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Implement sales strategies for existing clients and develop strategies to attract new clients
· Place works by the gallery’s artists in well-established US and international private and institutional collections
· Work with the gallery’s partners to create and execute on effective long and short-term commercial strategies in-line with the institutional goals of the gallery
· Manage the entire sales cycle using sales tools such as PipeDrive and other tools from lead to engagement to closing.
· Nurture online sales growth through the gallery’s presence on online platforms (e.g., Artsy)
· Represent the gallery in international art fairs and events when required
· Research artworks, provenance, exhibition history, etc. and write essays to support sales.
· Track client interests, actively communicate with prospects and clients, draft offers, and issue invoices
Skills & Qualifications
· Passion and drive to sell art and grow artists’ markets
· Proven network of high and ultra-high net-worth collectors, both NYC based and international, as well as relationships with key institutions
· 4+ years of sales experience in the New York contemporary art market and experience with both Primary and Secondary Market
· A self-starter who is confident in seeking and closing deals proactively
· Proven track record of bringing in $2-4MM+ in sales per annum
· Excellent communications, networking and social skills. Polished writing skills
· A team player in the sales space as well as proactive in seeking solutions to contribute to other areas of the gallery ecosystem
· Fine arts academic background is a plus
· Speaking and/or understanding Portuguese/Spanish is a plus
This is a full time role based in Manhattan, looking to hire immediately.
Base salary c. $60,000 – 80,000 per annum plus generous commission structure.
Benefits include individual health insurance, two weeks vacation.