Our client, a well-known Spanish gallery specialising in Modern and Post War art, is looking for an experienced and well-connected Senior Partner for their Paris gallery.The candidate will be responsible for liaising with a portfolio of clients, conducting top level business deals and representing the gallery on a global level.
The candidate profile:
- A minimum of 15 years’ related work experience in the art world, ideally in a sales/advisory or commercial/business role.
- Ability to develop and retain their client portfolio and ensure strong client relationship management by understanding requirements and ensuring needs are met, enabling new business growth
- Ability to develop and advise on commercial strategies in line with the gallery’s goals and objectives
- Capable of representing the gallery at international Art Fairs including TEFAF and Art|Basel, with a working knowledge of the work of the galleries’ main artists
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes. Commercial awareness partnered with a global, strategic mindset.
- Educated to degree level (preferably in Business or Art related courses)
- Native French speaker needed, with a high level of English language (both spoken and written). Additional languages (Spanish, Italian) would be ideal but are not a requirement.
The client is very open in terms of how the position and remuneration are structured but assume that someone of this type of profile would prefer to work as a consultant/on a day rate or on a commission basis. Most important is that the candidate has relationships with French and Paris-based collectors of Post-War art. There is a desk and a space where they can receive clients/arrange viewings as required.