Our client, a private art gallery and investment firm based in Mayfair, is looking for a Sales Assistant. The gallery, which focuses on modern and contemporary art, is seeking a proactive, driven, and flexible candidate to work closely with the small team.
They will have an understanding of art history and the art market, with ideally three years previous sales and gallery experience. At the present time the position is remote with regular contact via Zoom.
· Producing sales packs for sales team using InDesign.
· Performing market research using tools including Artnet Price Database.
· Performing due diligence on all incoming artworks
· Creating installation images using Photoshop for collectors.
· Creating condition reports for all incoming and outgoing artworks.
· Preparing documentation on all incoming artworks.
· Assisting registrar with logistics duties and paperwork.
· Maintaining up-to-date artwork records using ArtLogic.
· Maintaining CMS systems such as ArtBinder.
· Assisting registrar with installations for gallery viewings.
· Leading on special projects i.e. artwork commissions.
· Managing various IT systems such as DropBox, GSuite etc.
· Ideally 3+ years experience with sales and administration in a gallery setting.
· High level of computer literacy.
· Comfortable using adobe software such as Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat.
· Keen knowledge of art history and the art market. Art History graduates preferred.
· Strict attention to detail.
This is a full time, permanent position looking to start ASAP.
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000, dependent on experience