We are on the hunt for a Sales Assistant to work with a Blue Chip Contemporary Gallery in London on a 12 month contract.
This position will provide a wide range of sales administration support to the Senior Director and support all their sales activities. The Gallery will provide the postholder with exposure to the daily working life of the Sales team and to the Gallery’s sales practices.
Key tasks will include:
- Work closely with the Sales team members to provide sales support for current and upcoming events and fairs
- Complete research as required by the Senior Director
- Effective diary management and liaison with wider staff group
- Provide remote support to Senior Director whilst travelling
- Proofing, amending and uploading content on the gallery website and keeping artists’ biographies up to date when required
- Updating the client database
- Liaising with registrars and technicians regarding deliveries, storage, and/or installations ?of artworks for clients
- Execution of all sale-related paperwork; sales forms, invoices etc
- Updating the inventory database with regard to sales and reserves
- Deputising for Senior Director with visitors as appropriate
- Work on specific strategic projects (e.g. commissions) when required
- Work closely with wider team to ensure organization of successful gallery events
- Provide reception cover during lunchtime and as a stand in, as and when required
- Complete ad hoc tasks/research as required by the Sales team
- Offer administrative support to specific artist studios as required
- Assisting with general gallery duties, when required
- Attendance at key gallery events, when required
- Posting and administration for staff expenses and credit cards
- Dealing with petty cash expenses
- Monthly posting and reconciliation of petty cash
- Saturday rota sales cover and coordination
Desirable skills/attributes include:
- Excellent client service skills
- Articulate and well presented
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Keen to learn
- Good knowledge of the contemporary art market
- Highly organised & efficient
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fluency in at least one other language
- Flexible approach
- Ability to manage a personal busy workload
- Ability to stay calm when under pressure
- Strong IT skills, preferably also with knowledge of gallery inventory programmes.
Salary: up to around £35k DOE.
This is a 12-month fixed term maternity contract based in London.