Our client, an international gallery of blue chip and ancient art, is looking for competent, intelligent Junior Associates to join their small team in London.
Working beneath two full-time Associate Directors, the junior associates will provide critical research, curatorial and operational support to both the permanent London team as well as the gallery ownership. The candidate will be expected to diligently work across the board as the team works to implement major changes to the business.
This position would be perfect for a competent and professional recent post-graduate student or a more experienced current postgraduate/doctoral candidate. The ideal candidate will be serious about building a meaningful career at the top end of the art world. As the business becomes more firmly established and structured in London, there will be room for internal and external progression. Any incoming candidate must have a demonstrable critical awareness of key discourses within both contemporary and Ancient art sectors as well as clearly exceptional academic qualifications.
The ideal candidate will be
• Experienced in working in the art world, preferably as a coordinator or in a business support role.
• Educated to at least Masters level with an interest in contemporary and ancient art.
• Comfortable in dealing with UHNWs both one on one and as support to the senior staff.
• Familiar with art logistics, handling, and installation, preferably of high value items.
• Experienced in using gallery management software and databases, preferably Artlogic.
• Technically literate with knowledge of using Adobe Suite, MS Office, gmail, etc.
• Demonstrably aware of critical discourse surrounding contemporary and ancient artworks. A history of published criticism, curation, or artistic practice is preferred.
• Outspoken, confident, and able to work well under pressure. Working as part of a small team, the candidate must be an effective communicator in all situations.
• Fluent in written and spoken English, with any additional languages highly desirable.
• Highly motivated and with a creative flair.
• Prepared to undergo background checks.
Based in Mayfair, 2.5 days a week (including occasional Saturdays)
Salary – £25,000 pro rata