We are looking for a dynamic Registrar with a keen interest in art and artists from around the world to join a contemporary gallery in London.
The Registrar will be responsible for:
– Making shipping arrangements for all incoming and outgoing objects. Coordination of packing, crating, couriering of objects, storage as well as condition reports.
– Implementing registration and loan procedures.
– Maintaining a variety of digital and manual files in relation to the art objects.
– De-installation and preparation of artworks for exhibitions.
The Registrar will have:
– Relevant experience in museum/art gallery registration.
– A thorough understanding of customs and tax regulations and requirements for shipping artworks internationally.
– Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database systems (Art Logic/FileMaker Pro).
– Knowledge of basic conservation concepts and procedures.
– The ability to work independently with acute attention to detail.
– Dedication and initiative.
– Likes to engage physically with artworks.
Salary £25,000 – £28,000 per annum based on experience.