Our client, a well-known Spanish gallery specialising in Modern and Post War art, is opening a commercial office in Paris and needs a confident and dynamic Senior Director.
The candidate will be responsible for liaising with clients and representing the gallery on a global level through the work of the galleries’ main artists.
• A minimum of 5 years’ work experience related to the art world, ideally in a sales/advisory or commercial/business role.
• Ability to develop and retain the client portfolio and ensure strong client relationship management by understanding their requirements and ensuring their needs are being met, enabling new business growth as a result
• Ability to develop and implement commercial strategies in line with the gallery’s goals and objectives
• Capable of representing the gallery at international Art Fairs including TEFAF and ARCO.
• Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes. Commercial awareness partnered with a global, strategic mindset.
• Educated to degree level (preferably in Business or Art related courses)
• Fluent French speaker needed, with a high level of English language (both spoken and written). Additional languages (Catalan, Spanish, Italian, or Chinese) would be ideal.
Salary c.€42,000 – €56,000 per year plus incentives dependent on experience.