In this role, the post holder will work closely with the Director and gallery team to manage the private and professional schedule of the Director. This is an exciting role for someone who is flexible, proactive and able to learn new skills.
You will be involved in a wide array of projects and will have the potential to help project manage these alongside the Director.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Management of the Director’s business and personal diary
- Overseeing the flow of emails
- Managing all travel requirements (booking flights, transport, accommodation etc.)
- General book-keeping and liaising with accountant
- Aid with gallery tasks and management
- A good understanding of IT and experience of working with Microsoft Office
- Experience of organising small events would be useful and generally assisting with gallery visits and hospitality when needed
- Logistics – liaise with shipping companies, get quotes
- Source any requested information for Director
- The Director is patron of multiple art associations so the position will involve liaising with institutions and HNWIs
- The ideal candidate will be someone with previous experience in the art world
- You will be proactive and energetic, a people person with strong intuition and able to anticipate needs
- Highly meticulous and organized, able to prioritize and who is able to work autonomously but who is also reliable and accountable
- A fast learner with a strong common sense who enjoys working closely with people.
- Strong administrative skills, tech savvy (comfortable with Microsoft Office, Artlogic and Artsy, Dropbox, Excel, etc)
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- This is an eclectic gallery and personality match will be a strong decisive factor
Looking for candidate to start asap or in March.
Job type: PT/freelance; could do PT every day (3-4 hours/day) or a few FT days per week