Our client is an art gallery that specialises in ancient works of art and is located in the centre of London. This is an exciting opportunity to join their highly ambitious, small and integrated team as an Operations Manager/Gallery Registrar.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cooperate with International counterparts to deliver smooth logistics – also covering events, exhibitions, projects.
- Request various quotations, competitive pricings, familiarise themselves with crating/shipping options.
- Manage expenses, invoices and receipts.
- Have initiative and be creative in designing and applying the most optimal operational/ record keeping system for the gallery.
- Provide general administrative support to the MD and other executives.
- Undertake other ad hoc projects as needed
Skills & Experience:
· Previous experience in international shipping procedures, UK and EU customs procedures and regulations and in particular Temporary Admissions/ Bond status.
- Good working knowledge of fine art shipping, registration and logistics.
- Ability to carefully manage projects, meet deadlines, and handle a high level of volume and complexity with agility and accuracy.
- Exceptional communication skills, in person, over the phone and via email.
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to prioritise.
- Proactive with a desire to work for a purpose-driven and dynamic company.
Location: Mayfair, London
Salary: up to £60k