Our client, a major Art Institution in South West England, is seeking a Management Accountant. This is a pivotal role for the effective operation of the business. The successful candidate will manage the bookkeeping, accounts and payroll for all areas of the business.
The ideal candidate needs to be ambitious and responsible. They should be well-organised, flexible and adaptable.
• Maintenance of all accounts, sales and purchase ledgers and other bookkeeping
• Preparation of year-end accounts, cash flow forecasts, management accounts and budgets
• Bank reconciliations for sterling and multiple currency accounts
• Preparation of sales invoices and maintaining Sales Book data
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
• Statutory HMRC reporting
• Processing all receipts and payments
• Monitoring debtors and creditors
• Payroll including Auto-Enrolment processing and records
• Regular reporting for the Directors of the New Art Centre and the Educational Trust Trustees
• Managing petty cash accounts
• Charity accounting including Gift Aid reporting and assistance with funding applications
• Maintaining HR records and assistance with HR matters as required
• Annual review of insurance provision and providing monthly stock insurance valuations
• Liaison with external accountants
• Assistance at exhibition openings and Trustees’ meetings
• Other ad-hoc tasks and projects as required
• Expert in Microsoft Excel, Sage Payroll and Xero
• Experience in a similarly comprehensive bookkeeping/accounting role
• Ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure and to deadlines
• Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Ability to manage own workload and work to deadlines without supervision
This is a full time, permanent role looking to hire as soon as possible.
Salary c. £30,000 – 40,000, flexible dependent on experience.