Our client is a contemporary British street artist studio.
They are seeking an Archivist to oversee the creation of a catalogue raisonné and manage the documentation, archive, and database of existing and new artworks by the artist.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Tracking and recording all artworks by the artist moving through the secondary market.
- Liaising with auction houses, collectors, and other entities participating in the market for the artist’s work to ensure smooth functioning of the market
- Preparation of a comprehensive online database of artworks
- Collation of provenance, history, and other data pertaining to the artworks through online research, liaising with collectors, and any other methods as necessary to create catalogue raisonné for upload to ArtLogic
- Organisation and stewardship of the physical archive of artworks and paraphernalia
- Coordination of high-quality documentation of newly produced artworks and existing artworks in either private collections, the public domain, or otherwise
- Creation and management of a media library, including but not limited to organization of rushes of film footage and press materials, and the creation of highlight reels for notable projects
- Negotiation of licensing of existing image and video libraries of existing artworks by the artist from original content creators
- Monitoring of the artist’s trademarks worldwide and management of new applications
- All and any other archiving and record keeping tasks required by the Company in relation to its ordinary course of business
Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Great attention to detail and a keen eye
- Good numerical literacy
- Passion for/understanding of contemporary art and the art market
- Technologically savvy
- Experience managing or working with a media library, video filing, and collating footage to usable files
- Familiarity with trademark management and image licensing
- Willing to wear multiple hats and pick up slack in other areas
To be filled ASAP