Our client, a Mayfair based gallery of Contemporary Art, is seeking a Gallery Manager to ensure the smooth-running of their busy commercial gallery, as well as assisting both the Gallery Director and Collection Manager.
The ideal candidate will preferably have at least two years’ experience in a comparable role. They will be efficient, self-motivated, flexible in their role and work responsibilities, and able to work well as part of a small team.
- Day-to-day running of the gallery
- Assisting Director with art fair and exhibition planning – includes administration, shipping, research, mail-outs etc.
- Assisting Director with art works and art market research projects
- Managing all marketing and press inquiries for art fairs and exhibitions
- Managing all social media platforms
- Coordinating outgoing and incoming domestic and international shipments – includes keeping track of the temporary admissions works and their locations.
- Assisting Collection Manager with consignment and loan agreements
- Managing auction registration and payments
- Management of stock including organizing photography, restoration, framing
- Educated to degree level in art history or a similar subject
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to work to multiple deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience with shipping and coordinating art works
- A talent for and interest in social media marketing
- Strong art researching skills
- Exceptionally organised and proactive multi-tasker
This is a full time permanent position based in Mayfair.
To begin ASAP
To begin ASAP