We are looking for a Relationship Manager for a gallery specialising in Modern Indian Art based in Mumbai. The client, established for 25 years, has an international presence. They regularly attend international art fairs and have also initiated educational and outreach programmes in the community.
The Relationship Manager will primarily be responsible for gallery and art fair sales with clients. Working directly with senior management, they will also provide general support including the preparation of exhibitions and private views as required.
Areas of Responsibility
• Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients
• Experience of attending and representing clients at international art fairs
• A minimum 3 years’ relevant sales experience, preferably in a gallery environment
• Self-motivated, hardworking and sales-driven, able to meet monthly targets
• Knowledgeable in art (not essential in Indian art as long as they are interested to learn)
• Presentable, with strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an arts-related topic
A competitive salary and package are offered, c.USD 25,000 – 40,000, depending on experience.
Client will consider international candidates and will organise a visa for those not able to work in India.