About the Gallery
Our client is a London based, Fine Art Gallery that specialises in Modern Art of the early 20th century.
About the Role
The Gallery seeks a Gallery Coordinator to join its team and work alongside the Gallery Manager and Gallery team. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who is passionate about art and is looking to focus on the operational aspects of the gallery. Some prior experience in a comparable position is essential.
– Assisting in the installation of exhibitions
– Gallery administration: online marketing and promotion, photography, and shipment of artworks nationally and internationally.
– Presenting art works to high end clientele on a day-to-day basis, face to face, by phone and email.
– Bachelor’s degree in art history or a similar qualification.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
– Fluency in one or several other languages will be advantageous.
– Prior experience in sales or work as a gallery assistant or auction specialist would be ideal.
– Prior knowledge of original prints and works on paper of the Modern era could be advantageous. – Prior hands-on experience in packing / shipping / handling delicate works of art. – Knowledge of photography is a plus.
– Availability to start immediately.
Reporting to: Gallery Manager
Salary: up to £25k