We are looking for a Gallery Assistant to work with a gallery specialising in contemporary and modern art in London. The role will entail working closely with the rest of the team to ensure the seamless presentation of the gallery and the smooth running of the business.
• Gallery administration: online marketing and promotion, social media administration, management of the catalogue/inventory of artworks, photography and shipment of art works nationally and internationally.
• Art fairs coordination, assisting with install of exhibitions and shows.
• Assist in Pre and Post Sale procedures
• Presenting art works to high end clientele face to face, by phone and internet.
• Representing the gallery to the public.
• Handling communications with any suppliers, artists, clients and other staff.
• Some experience working in art, preferably a gallery.
• A knowledge of global art and the London art scene.
• Meticulous and resourceful, capable of problem solving and handling any challenges.
• Excellent communication skills, both in person and via phone and email.
• Educated to degree level in an art or art-history related field.
Salary: minimum wage
Start date: asap
This is a Full Time role