Our client is a Contemporary Gallery situated in the cultural hotspot of Notting Hill and is seeking to appoint a Gallery Associate to support the day to day duties of the Gallery. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to be exposed to all aspects of the running of a successful gallery, has a strong work ethic, high attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude with a proactive approach and has no hesitation with being hands on and able to support the gallery with events, sales, client liaison and day to day administrative and operational duties. You will be a warm and welcoming face, confidently representing the gallery.
Duties and responsibilities :
- Dealing with all enquiries and managing emails, phone calls and post..
- Supporting with and manage sales, liaising with collectors and organising invitations to events and studio visits
- Managing all contacts and inputting information into Art logic and managing databases.
- Emailing mailing list to let them know details of all events
- Designing mailshot emails using Canva in conjunction with Social media consultant and PR company
- Booking couriers and shipments – getting quotes and liaising with buyers.
- Daily Gallery and back of house checks, making sure all areas are clean and presentable
- Managing event preparations such as drinks orders and wine for openings and events, checking glass deliveries, chairs for events, dishwasher, buying candles, flowers for entrance and booking staff for events.
- Supervising the intern and training them on Artlogic and gallery procedures.
- Stocking exhibition material and printing new copies when needed
- Making sure all stationary stock is fulfilled such as buying ink for the printer and keeping the desk space tidy and presentable, as well as letterheads and compliment slips
- Work with Director on gallery publications – work with printer and graphic designer.
- Add press materials to the database. Send images and information to Social media team. .
- Support the Director with Artist liaison
- Welcome visitors, artists and clients to the Gallery and being hospitable and warm.
- . Using photoshop to edit images for mail shots etc.
- Preparing Price lists and list of Works with images from install photographer
- Booking install photographer, booking lighting consultant and installer for shows, arranging vinyl for each exhibition and its install. As well as assisting with installation
- General filing of invoices and Money laundering forms.
- Printing labels for shows
- General artist communication and opportunity to help with and suggest ideas for external and community events and gallery
- Public programming
- Previous gallery experience
- Organisational skills
- Work ethic
- Rigorous attention to details
- Can do attitude
- Positive mind set and problem solving – thinking out of the box
- Hands on approach to all aspects of gallery duties
- Experienced with Art logic database, willing to learn to use Canva and
- Excellent communication skills and a friendly warm and welcoming demeanour to all visitors, with a down to earth approach to all.
Start date: Asap
Salary: Around £28K with 5% commission on sales