We are on the hunt for a full-time Technician to work with a major Contemporary Gallery in London.
The role of Technician reports directly to the Senior Technician and, under his/her guidance, is responsible for the movement and display of art works within the gallery and at external locations. This includes the handling, packing, condition checking and installation of art works of varied media at the gallery, storage facilities, client residences and, where appropriate, art fairs.
Key priorities of the role include:
- Cataloguing, condition checking and packing/unpacking of art works for exhibitions, general inventory and art fairs.
- Handling and installing art works for exhibitions and client viewings.
- Provide art handling assistance on photography shoots at gallery and off site.
- Recording onsite movement of art works using Gallery inventory system.
- Ensuring exhibition, client viewing and storage areas are tidy and presentable at all times.
- Locating art works in storage areas.
- Assist with unlock/ lock up of the gallery on a rotational basis.
- Assist the Facilities Supervisor with maintenance of exhibition areas as required.
- Complete ad hoc tasks as and when necessary.
- General record keeping.
Key skills/highly desirable attributes include:
- 2+ years’ experience of manual handling and installation of art works of various media.
- A personal interest in working with artists within a commercial gallery environment.
- Can maintain a calm demeanour under pressure.
- Proactive attitude with an openness to learn.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar system.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be an ambassador for gallery.
Salary: around £30k/annum