Our client, a Swiss Gallery of Modern Art, is currently looking to fill a full-time position for an experienced Art Historian to be based in the Zurich.
The gallery specialises in masterpieces of both classic modern and post war contemporary art. They regularly publish books and monographs on their artists and art history, many of which form part of major art libraries worldwide. The Art Historian role will play an important part in the ongoing expansion of the programme and the gallery’s mission to bridge the gap between Modern and Post War art.
• In depth research of Classic Modern Art works
• Writing for both publications and dossiers
• Working on loan requests
• Working on publication projects
• Proof reading and fact checking of gallery dossiers
• Archival research
• Educated to at least MA level in Art History
• Excellent art historical knowledge of the beginning of the 20th century
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Comfortable working at a fast pace and in a team
• Familiar with Mac programs and office software
• Detail oriented person
Competitive salary offered based on experience.