Our client, a Mayfair contemporary art gallery, is looking to find a Director of Marketing & Business Development.
Working as part of a small team, you will work closely alongside all members of the team as well as the Gallery Owner to realise the ongoing development of the business and work on the Gallery’s marketing strategy in order to drive business growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement commercial and marketing strategies according to the gallery’s goals and objectives with the aim of accelerating gallery growth.
- Work with the Sales Team by identifying new market opportunities, determining optimal pricing levels which balance profit with customer/client satisfaction.
- Conduct research and analysis to create business plans on commercial opportunities such as expansion and business development.
- Ensure customer retention remains high and deliver new business growth.
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
- Responding to press enquiries / be main point of contact for press
- Build brand awareness for the gallery, looking for new opportunities and partnerships for promotion
- Develop, maintain and enhance a Strategic Marketing Plan, working across all channels and geographies
- Provide guidance and ideas to organise effective marketing events
- Manage the website content and supervise update of online platforms (artsy, artnet and others) with relevant artworks as advised by sales team
- Put together press releases for exhibitions both internal and external
- Put together and send newsletters to gallery’s database (includes monthly as well as artist newsletters); design invites for talks / events happening at or outside the gallery
- Supervise biannual gallery printed report
- An ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
- Natural leader of people with excellent managerial and motivational skills.
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients.
- Proven track record of driving sales and business growth
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Experience leading a team to deliver results
- Network of relevant contacts in the art world is desirable
- Good knowledge of In-design and Photoshop
- Great analytical skills, knowledge of developing KPIs and proficient in reporting ROI
- Experience of creating engaging content across multiple channels
- Used to working with and influencing key stakeholders across the business
- Strong organisational, project management and multi-tasking skills
- Fluent English language skills essential, other languages an advantage
Salary: Up to £50k DOE with a potential bonus