We are on the hunt for a Director to work a maternity cover contract with a Gallery of Modern Art in Paris.
Our client, a well-known gallery specialising in Modern and Post War art in Paris, needs a confident and dynamic Director to cover the current Director’s maternity leave. The candidate will be responsible for liaising with clients and representing the gallery on a global level through the work of the galleries’ main artists.
• A minimum of 5 years’ work experience related to the art world, ideally in a sales/advisory or commercial/business role.
• Ability to develop and retain the client portfolio and ensure strong client relationship management by understanding their requirements and ensuring their needs are being met, enabling new business growth as a result
• Ability to develop and implement commercial strategies in line with the gallery’s goals and objectives
• Capable of representing the gallery at international Art Fairs including TEFAF and ARCO.
• Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes. Commercial awareness partnered with a global, strategic mindset.
• Educated to degree level (preferably in Business or Art related courses)
• Fluent French speaker needed, with a high level of English language (both spoken and written). Additional languages (Catalan, Spanish, Italian, or Chinese) would be ideal
The current Director is looking for someone to start in mid March and do a one month overlap with her before she goes on mat leave. The role will then last 4-6 months and potentially until Jan 2022. You would need to be in the gallery from Tues-Fri but could work Mondays from home. The role could become a job share with the Director once she returns but there is no guarantee.