We are on the hunt for a Director (Cultural Strategy) to work with a Global Cultural Communications Agency in London.
Our client is a global cultural communications agency with an international network and team based in London and New York. They specialise in working with art, architecture, and design organisations to drive growth and develop their clients’ reputations through PR, brand strategy, media, digital and social media services.
They are seeking a Director (Cultural Strategy) to join their client’s London team. The role requires a team player and excellent collaborator with an in-depth knowledge of cultural theory, critical thinking, and cultural practice, which they will apply to lead client work across the agency’s strategy services. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working internationally on large-scale projects, consulting on brand strategy, and developing compelling storytelling for clients. This role will ensure that the agency remains leading thinkers and partners to their clients, which include museums, foundations, galleries, governments, studios, fairs, and cultural festivals among others.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively shaping briefs
- Driving brand strategy for clients through intelligence and insight gathering such as:
- Leading interviews with internal and external stakeholders
- Conducting, analysing, and producing qualitative and quantitative market research
- Translating disparate data into meaningful insights
- Write/design/produce insight documents and charts as digestible, actionable, and inspiring presentations or reports
- Lead brand positioning workshops, processes and documents
- Develop compelling storytelling for clients
- Produce strategy documents that outline recommendations that cover audience consumer segmentation, market research, benchmarking, crisis communications et al.
- Provide strategic counsel to clients, liaising regularly with account teams to anticipate client needs and deliver added value to clients
- Work with clients to assess issues, develop recommendations and implement business improvement processes
- Proactively identify where collaboration would strategically benefit clients’ activity
- Develop relationships with potential partners
- Create clear, compelling, and creative presentations to communicate potential collaborations
Skills & Experience Required
- 10+ years experience in developing strategic frameworks for organisations in the creative industries
- Track record of leading client work on international and large-scale projects concurrently
- Experience using insights to consult on brand strategy and developing compelling storytelling
- Excellent team management skills
- Excellent communicator with experience working with brands from inception
- Art world contacts
Preferred but not essential
- Experience working in the Middle East
- Arabic speaking
Location: Working from the London office 3 days a week from September but also open to international candidates working remotely
To be filled ASAP
Salary DOE open to expectations