The role of Client Services Registrar (maternity cover) reports directly to Senior Registrar, Client Services. The candidate will be responsible for the safe, professional delivery and installation of sold artworks worldwide and the detailed delivery of a variety of administrative tasks to
ensure that all elements of registration, post-sale care and records are maintained and
executed in an exemplary manner. The role will also include the shipping of artworks for Secondary Market Consignments in support of Head of Contracts.
Key priorities of the role include:
– Coordination of safe, timely delivery and installation of sold artworks worldwide.
– Arrange the safe packing and transport of secondary market consignments, arranging condition checks where necessary and liaising with key stakeholders throughout.
– Liaising closely with the sales team, clients and external contractors to deliver a professional and efficient post-sales service to our clients.
– Accurately maintain, monitor and update artwork records using the gallery internal database.
– Coordination of client viewings for the sales team across the gallery as well as offsite on approvals.
– Working closely with the technical team to resolve restoration and repair issues for clients.
– Excellent knowledge of UK Customs, VAT, US sales tax, import duty and insurance.
– Track, maintain and monitor the sending and receipt of artist certificates.
– Support the Head of Global Registration with ad hoc projects and admin as required.
Key skills and attributes to include:
– Proven organisational skills with an ability to prioritise, multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
– Ability to manage a busy and high-volume workload.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
– Ability to work collaboratively, a team player.
– Strong IT skills, particularly in the use of gallery database/inventory systems.
– Proficiency in Word, Excel and Adobe preferred.
– Minimum 2-3 years relevant registrar and/or logistics experience within a reputable company.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts and/or Art History preferred but not required.
Full-time, initially for 9x months with the potential to be extended to 12 / 13 months.
Start date: November 2023
Salary: up to £40,000 DOE
Monday – Friday, WFH optional after successful 3 months probationary period.