Our client, an online art advisory based in London, is looking to create a role for a Chief Marketing Officer, who will oversee the ongoing development of the website and the brand’s digital marketing strategy in order to drive business growth. The position will also allow the opportunity for sales when possible.
Working as part of a small team, the CMO will work closely alongside all members to realise the ongoing development of the business. Focusing on young collectors, the platform offers works averaging around £10,000 and works closely with galleries and artists. At present the majority of sales come from events and exhibitions, and the company is looking to greatly expand their online presence.
• Managing the website content alongside an external team.
• Create an advertising strategy, write copy, liaise with press and oversee design.
• Optimisation of the website, user journey, and sales conversion.
• Sourcing and optimising images and content.
• Conducting A/B tests and traffic monitoring, continually suggesting improvements and changes to the site.
• Create and manage art sales through the platform where possible.
• Foster user growth and improve web traffic
• Realising and managing events
• Significant experience in digital marketing and web management.
• Proven track record of driving sales and business growth with demonstrable conversion rates.
• Experience working in an online art sales environment.
• Experience leading a team to deliver results
• Network of relevant contacts in the art world is desirable
• Sales experience in art desirable
• Curatorial experience desirable
Salary £40-50k commensurate on experience with commission and potential for equity