Our client, an international artist, gallerist, and collector, is looking for a dedicated and pragmatic artist manager. Based primarily in London, this person will manage the client’s increasingly prolific personal art practice.
• Ensuring the artist’s website is maintained
• Producing catalogues and published materials
• Managing the storage and cataloguing of artworks
• Cultivating new sales and curatorial leads
• Serving as an ad hoc assistant to the artist, managing diary and appointments as required
• Liaising with the staff of the artist’s gallery, helping to establish a separation between the artist’s practice and his business.
• Managing the artist’s needs and expectations
• Experienced in strategically building artist profiles
• Able to forge industry connections
• Confident and capable of managing a difficult workload
This position is looking to hire as soon as possible. Candidate must work exclusively for this artist and not represent others.
Salary – dependent on experience
Can be full time, part time or freelance.