Our client, a HNWI and prominent figure within the UK and international art scene, is seeking to hire an experienced and attentive Art and Philanthropic Manager. The client has a vast and expanding collection focused on varied art works including contemporary and modern paintings and sculpture, including a large collection of southeast Asian art, and is also a dedicated philanthropist. You will work from the client’s home office based in central London, with travel involved when required.
The ideal candidate will have a background in curation/collection management and philanthropy and will be someone hands on with the ability to shape the role and make it your own. You will work with the client but will also be pro-active and self-driven with a focus on delivering results. You will have a range of duties which include but are not limited to updating the website, meeting with dealers, artists and clients, handling loans and overseeing required documentation. The client travels extensively so you will be adaptable to working around their schedule and differences in time zones.
- Philanthropy project management in the UK as well as overseas.
- Attend Art fair in the UK, southeast Asia and other overseas countries with the client and make necessary analysis, fact finding, assessing estimated value of the artwork.
- Involve in philanthropic website, press and other write up ensuring that it comply with local and other requirements.
- Responsible for complete philanthropic website management such as updating, upgrading, protecting, analysing, domain renewing etc.
- Promote image of philanthropic work.
- Providing a high-level secretarial service which will include organising meetings, minute-taking and producing complex documentation in a timely manner and drafting correspondence in relation to standard requests etc
- Manage inbox, highlighting any urgent emails or urgent actions arising from the client.
- To be responsible for the wider diary including arranging complex travel arrangements, scheduling of reoccurring routine meetings, planning and preparations of events, working in collaboration with the philanthropist department, art related work, management of artwork at different location.
- To produce/prepare documentation in a variety of formats including Word, Excel, PDF, PowerPoint and other reports including confidential material.
- Maintain an accurate and efficient electronic and paper filing system and be responsible for records management including archiving whilst improving paperless working by scanning to a central secure location.
- Be responsible for ensuring that agendas/papers are prepared sufficiently in advance for meetings and that minutes are accurate. Responsible for the dissemination of information either in advance or after the meeting and for following up actions directly with those who have been assigned actions, to ensure that agreed next steps are carried out in a timely manner.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in relevant roles with Strong IT skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills (Excellent English skills both written and spoken is essential)
- Takes ownership of tasks and projects and delivers excellent results with accuracy.
- Able to work well in a high-pressured environment and Flexible for international travel.
- Confident, with the ability to prioritise, delegate and meet deadlines.
- ‘Can do attitude’ – ready to get involved at all times
- A good decision maker who is discreet and with excellent experience liaising at the most senior level/titled individuals/CEOs’ etc.
- Able to sit with the boss and work in tandem in a sometimes-unstructured day. She is quite self-sufficient and needs a great number 2 to work as a wingman. You must be confident and able to work at speed when needed.
- Top research and analysis skills and Attention to very fine detail
- This role would suit candidates with a varied working background, someone who is commercially astute and confident in being a pivotal person within a very fast paced organisation.
Start date: Asap
Location: Client’s home office in central London
Salary: Up to £50k DOE